I won the 50 Books Challenge in 2016! It’s been a few months, but I thought I’d share all the awesome books I read in case anyone is looking for some suggestions! They’re mostly YA, of course. What did you expect from a YA writer?
If you’re hoping to complete the 50 Books Challenge for 2017, then let me give you a tip: I kept track of all the books I read in my Passion Planner. There’s a lovely blank section in the back, so I printed out a blank list from 1-50 and filled in all my books as I went. I also marked up my monthly calendars with how many books I needed to have read when.
Here’s the complete list of books I read, with my recommendations at the bottom!
- Facing Your Giants – Max Lucado
- Wandering Star – Romina Russell
- The Vintage Teacup Club – V. Greene
- In the Eye of the Storm- Max Lucado
- Dreamstrider – Lindsay Smith
- The Darkest Minds – A. Bracken
- Glass Sword – v. Aveyard
- Cinder – M. Meyer
- Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
- The Great Hunt – W. Higgins
- Scarlet – M. Meyer
- Cress- M. Meyer
- Winter – M. Meyer
- Burning Glass – Kathryn Purdie
- Sleeping with Bread – The Linn Family
- Seven Black Diamonds – Melissa Mar
- Daughter of Dusk – Livia Blackburne
- Snow like Ashes – Sara Raasch
- A Court of Thorns and Rosese – S. J. Maas (the one re-read on my list!)
- The Heir – Kiera Cass
- Graceling – Kristin Cashore
- Flawed – Cecelia Ahern
- Beyond the Red – Ava Jae
- A Court of Mist and Fury – S. J. Maas
- The Crown – Kiera Cass
- The Star-Touched Queen – R. Chokshi
- Falling Kingdoms – M. Rhodes
- Rebel Spring – M. Rhodes
- Gathering Darkness – M. Rhodes
- Frozen Tides – M. Rhodes
- The Iron King – J. Kagawa
- Beautiful Creatures – K. Garcia and M. Stohl
- My Lady Jane – Hand, Ashton and Meadows
- Ice like Fire – Sara Raasch
- The Crown’s Game – E. Skye
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – J.K. Rowling
- The Keeper of the Mist – R. Neumeier
- Shadow and Bone – L. Bardugo
- Ruin and Rising – L. Bardugo
- Siege and Storm – L. Bardugo
- A Gentle Thunder – Max Lucado
- Empire of Storms – S. J. Maas
- Three Dark Crowns – K. Blake
- Girls with Swords – L. Bevere
- The Black Key – Amy Ewing
- Supernatural Ways of Royalty by K. Vallaton
- Walking in this World – J. Cameron
- The Shadow Queen – C.J. Redwine
- Settle for More – Megyn Kelly
- Crystal Storm – M. Rhodes
- BONUS- 365 Day Devotional – Max Lucado
- A Court of Mist and Fury– Sarah J Maas didn’t disappoint with her follow up to ACOTAR! This one turns up the heat with some super steamy love scenes, but as always with Miss Maas, she tells a killer story to go with it. As Feyre struggles to overcome her PTSD, her bargain with Rhys kicks into full gear, but she soon starts to lose her love for the Spring Court and considers a different future!
- Lady Midnight– Cassandra Clare does it again! She always tells the best stories, with amazing characters, killer action, and forbidden romances. With the parabatai bond causing Emma and Julian to experience some strange reactions to their budding romance, Emma pulls away, but there’s a twist! The book left me on a cliff hanger and I’m dying for the next one.
- The Lunar Chronicles– I know, I know. I was behind on this one! I resisted the lure of Cinder the Cyborg for some time, but then gulped the entire series down in a week! So good. I love the light, fun writing style- even while covering some heavy topics. Approachable and enjoyable!
- The Falling Kingdoms series– A really fun fantasy series with lots of romance and drama to keep you turning the page! There are fascinating character dynamics that change throughout the series. I appreciate the idea that Cleo has more than one great love throughout the series. Because don’t most of us have a few different loves throughout our lives?